Wednesday 17 August 2011

NORFOLK– ‘Oh, I do love to be beside the seaside…’

After the excitement of our Team Lotus visit we decided to spend the afternoon at the seaside.
The land is very flat here in Norfolk, there are canals and windmills both old and new.
Map picture

Great Yarmouth

First stop on our driving tour was the seaside town of Great Yarmouth,
where we went for a walk on the pier and had some lunch.
IMG_0509
Its very busy as its school holidays here.
IMG_0510
IMG_0517

Caister Castle

We then drove to Caister Castle because they had a motor museum.
But, they didn’t allow photos in the museum so although they had a lot of interesting  cars - I can’t show you…
Although I don’t think many of the cars were in very good condition.
They had two Lotus, (What is the plural? Lotus’s? Lotui?, maybe its like the word  fish)
but they were in very poor condition compared to their restored and maintained sister cars we saw in the morning.
IMG_0522IMG_0523

This was one of those places that didn’t feel like very good value for the entry fee…
But, that's life as a tourist!
You win some you lose some.
IMG_0528IMG_0529

Cromer

Finally, we travelled up to Cromer via the coast.
This was a very pretty town, with a little winding lane shopping area.
IMG_0534IMG_0535
We bought some cockles in a little pot for afternoon tea.
Here are the rest of the photos from this afternoon.
(I publish them here because if I lose my camera and/or Pootie (computer) I can always
download them again from my blog)


Until next time, Red heartRed heartRed heart Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment