Sunday, July 29, 2012

Making Progress!

Just an update on my quilt called “A kiss to build a dream on”.

After working on this thing for more than 3 years the top is at last nearing completion.

IMG_2595

It only took that long as I kept getting side-tracked by other projects.

Now the applique centre is done (Looks good!),

and I’m working on the borders.

IMG_2594

I have decided to reduce the size so now I’ll have 116 pinwheels leftover!

I have decided on a final stretch as I was making this quilt for my guest room.

After tossing around the idea of doing a big renovation to this house we have

decided to sell up and move. (Probably nearby, but with more garages!)

SO, I have to have this finished before the room I designed it for disappears!!!

 

Until next time, Red heartRed heartRed heart Kim

Monday, July 16, 2012

The next big thing…

I have reached the finishing stage of lots of quilts!

  • The top of the smaller version of ‘Ripe Strawberries’ is complete and just waiting for me to save up for the quilting.
  • The top of the first kaleidoscope quilt, ‘Baubles Bangles and Beads’, is finished and will be the next one I send off for quilting.
  • Its smaller friend, ‘Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered’ has one final edge to be bordered and that top will also be complete, although I’m going to postpone the quilting of this one until next year.
  • I have made a cot quilt for a new baby due in the family in August. Its finished, I’ve quilted it and I just need to sew on the label. Lots of dog fabrics and called ‘Its a Dog Party’
  • I have made a second cot quilt for another bub due this year, called ‘Aussie Aussie Aussie’. Lots of Australian fabrics. The top is complete but I just need to sandwich it with the batting and quilt it.
  • The big pinwheel quilt – ‘ A kiss to build a dream on’ is finally on its last legs! I have completed the applique centre and am now concentrating on getting the rest of it done and finished before the end of the year…

So, because I have no portable project at the moment I have started piecing a NEW top!

I have chosen a much simpler design – 4 pieces of fabric in each block rather than the

12 pieces in a 3inch block that I did in the kaleidoscope quilts…

Redheads EQ6

I am making 2 quilts – a large one as a gift and a smaller one to keep.

The name is ‘Redheads’ as the gold/red units look like matches!

These below are the red and gold match units.

IMG_2585

I am using lots of Japanese indigo blue fabrics some of which are second hand kimonos which I bought on eBay.

Its coming together quickly so I may have it finished this year.

IMG_2587

 

 

IMG_2591

Here is Georgie enjoying he company of Millie and Maya who recently visited for the weekend.

Until next time, Red heartRed heartRed heart Kim