Saturday 17 September 2011

Co CLARE–IRELAND– Of Blarney and baloney

Kissing the Blarney Stone!

I now am blessed with the gift of eloquence, not that I didn’t have it before of course…

I have a better photo than below which cost me 10 euros!

I will add it to this post when I get home and can scan it.

IMG_0110

I know this unflattering photo looks like I am lying down kissing the side of the toilet block

however it is of me kissing the Blarney stone.

You have to lie on your back while some stranger holds you and you turn upside down to kiss the stone.

Oh I forgot to mention that you are at the top of a castle and hanging on about 30 metres above the ground.

On top of this castle which is of course Blarney Castle.

IMG_1139

 

And here is Dad kissing the Blarney Stone

IMG_1145

Mum says its a load of old baloney and she wouldn’t do it in case anybody else caught her cold.

IMG_1144

And Graham was being a party pooper.

There was rather a queue of people (Mostly Americans) waiting to preform this strange ritual.

 

 IMG_1149

What is this business that whenever people see some water or a pond they throw coins in it.

I think I’m going to have to move my pond at home closer to the road….

Until next time, Red heartRed heartRed heart Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment