Sunday 3 December 2017

Two Famous Londoners

IMG_6092

A Quiz Dear Readers, what fun!

Question 1- I lived in London in Kensington Palace. When I died 20 years ago there was an outpouring of grief and a sea of flowers left by the public at the below gates. I am known as the peoples Princess. Who am I?

IMG_6096

Question 2- I am a fictional character from literature who's home is set in London.  A famous quote of mine is,  “ When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?” This is my statue, who am I?

IMG_6105

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, Dear Readers, before I get into the tale of the two Londoners, I’ll let you know how we got on last night with the air B&B from hell!

IMG_6055

This has got to be the most noisy place we have ever stayed, (our window is the one directly above the café ).

The place is clean, the bathroom is modern and the bed is comfy BUT…

IMG_6056

What with the neighbours having a party, the doof doof music from the other side and the noise from the road, it was a  difficult night. 

It wasn't so bad for me as I had drugs before bed, (legal drugs, Dear Readers I know what you were thinking….cheeky things.).. I think I’ll drug Graham up as well tonight so he’ll sleep too…

Don't worry I’ll tell him, I’m not going to slip a sleeping tablet in his cup of tea or something. really…

IMG_6058

Well we went out to pay a visit the young Royals but they didn’t seem to be home. They must always rush to close the blinds when they see us coming up the drive!

We went on a visit to Kensington Palace, which is the home of Wills & Kate and their family.

It was all pretty and Christmassy.

We toured the Royal apartments, not the current ones, but those of William and Mary and Queen Anne.

 IMG_6063IMG_6068

IMG_6067IMG_6075

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced their engagement here only a few days ago.

IMG_6094

And of course Kensington Palace was the home of Princess Diana.

And it is Diana who is the answer

to Question 1.

IMG_6057

IMG_6083

Goody!

An exhibition of Diana's most famous gowns !

Dear Readers, my husband is a very patient man, or maybe it was a weak moment due to sleep deprivation, I wonder what he has planned as a payback? Probably a car museum….

IMG_6082IMG_6080

I wonder if she had of lived if she would have still been as special? I miss her!

Below is the picture of Diana wearing the dress and the dress itself…

IMG_6088

IMG_6087

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then we had a little wander around Kensington Gardens to see the Albert memorial,

IMG_6101

then back on the tube to the Baker street station.

IMG_6104

And of course if you haven't yet guessed our next destination, the answer to quiz Question 2,  is 221b Baker street and the home of fictional detective Sherlock Holmes.

IMG_6106

Having just recently re-read the Arthur Conan Doyle  novels, and watching both of the Robert Downey Jnr movies on the plane yesterday (was it really only yesterday?) I felt it was topical that we should visit this landmark.

By the way, I didn't like the Robert Downey Jnr versions,  Benedict Cumberbatch is a much better Holmes.

IMG_6108

Anyway, lets hope there’s less doof doof and more Zzzzzzz tonight!

scan of post it 001

No comments:

Post a Comment