Friday 1 December 2017

Tale of Big Bertha, who is Going on another Adventure

Thursday 30th November 2017
Its that time again, holiday time!
Graham and I are going to leave all the sad stuff behind and head to the U.K. and Europe.

IMG_6045

Here is my case packed and ready to go. Big Bertha is the name of my suitcase!
 (Graham doesn’t name his suitcase or his cars but that is  a tale for another occasion).
My lovely suitcase has had so many experiences. Its been all the way across Europe, from Ireland’s west to the Ukraine. Its even floated up the Grand Canal on a barge. Its been to South Africa, New Zealand, Fiji, Melbourne and elsewhere,  she’s  done planes, boats, ferries, London cabs and trains. Eurostar once before (the occasion when we missed the train). I love my suitcase, its like an old friend…

IMG_6044
“I’m not sure what's going on here, but I don't think I like it” Says Miss Lizzy
IMG_6041
Okay, Dear Readers, as I did in my last trip to Europe in 2011, I will try to blog everyday if possible. However I may not publish my posts everyday, it sometimes depends on internet access. I have live writer so I save my posts as drafts and will upload a number at the same time, on the last trip we used Starbucks occasionally (free internet), but this time there may a lot more hotels with internet access. There maybe no new post for a week, then several will appear at once. So keep checking back.
I’ve also been told I must Facebook more and although I’m not very good at Facebook (because I tend to embarrass myself with stupid comments) I will make an attempt, and try to become a more trendy modern girl. Smile
Before we go I want to share photos of the Christmas presents I made for my work colleagues and friends this year.
IMG_6033IMG_6034
Everyone has a personalised bookmark and I’m sure to have insulted someone with my choice of fabric.. he he he….
IMG_6035
IMG_6032
<<<<<>>>>>
The world is once again, not a safe place to travel, but we are experienced adventurers and will do our best to avoid trouble.
Currently, drinking Chardonnay in the Qantas club at Sydney Airport. Leave at 1655.
Next stop… Dubai for a refuel, then London. Woo Hoo!
scan of post it 001

No comments:

Post a Comment