Tuesday 20 April 2010

In my life

I've been a bit slack ! - so now its time to catch up with the events of the past couple of months!

Graham and I went to Sydney to see the military tattoo which was FANTASTIC! We have also been to Canberra to see the masterpieces from Paris, at the national gallery. (along with half a million other people)



And of course there has been a family wedding. Sean & Emmy were married on the 27th of March at Petersons winery here in Armidale - I'll post some photos at some stage in the future.

Quilt wise - I have just got the "Our House" quilt back from the quilters and it is ready to have its binding and label sewn on. The "Beatlemania" quilt is ready to be basted and I'm going to machine quilt that myself. I hope to have these 2 quilts finished in 3 weeks so I can display them at the car club hobby night.

The pin wheel quilt, "A kiss to build a dream on" is coming together nicely and I have started piecing a new quilt as I had no portable project at the moment. AND if that wasn't enough - I need to have the borders and backing finished for the 2 "Colour of Magic" quilts by the 4th May for Kay to collect to quilt! Just as well I only have 2 shifts left before my holidays......I will post about all these projects in the future. (no wonder I never get any housework done... ha ha)

This week has been a little sad. Our old dog "Ruby" is nearing her end. She is 15 now and we are taking things day by day. Her back legs are gone and she has difficulty standing. I think my holidays might be the time to deal with this - we are planning to get a new dog to replace her to keep the princess/tomboy company. So it is a changing of the guard.......

until next time ....Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment