Sunday 3 July 2011

Back to the Blog….

Sorry, haven’t been posting a lot over the past couple of months. BUT, that is all about to change.
We haven’t really done a lot lately … as we are trying to conserve our finances for our 13 week Grand Tour of Europe  which is due to start in just over a MONTH!!!

I will post a blog about our plans and preparations soon.
I am also hoping to do a LOT of posting during the trip.

I thought this would be a great way to record the journey for us and of course anyone's that interested can follow along.

Hopefully this will also save me putting together an album when I get home as I can do it on the go!….
Okay – I might be being optimistic! I bet that no blogging gets done on the days I'm tired, or have hit my ‘travellers wall’ or I'm in a place of pain because we’ve walked 10km!
IMG_0359

Anyway, today we had an outing with the Car Club.


IMG_0358


The club had a short run around the outskirts of Armidale, in the freezing cold, and then returned to the driver training centre for a BBQ and a time trial.


IMG_0356



The drivers had to estimate the time it would take them to do the following….
  1. Do a lap of the track
  2. Stop and get out of the car to check their tail lights and the number plate light.
  3. Get back in the car and do another lap of the track but in the opposite direction.
  4. Stop and check the tyre pressure.
  5. Another lap of the track
  6. and finally reverse the vehicle into a ‘garage’ (lines of witches hats)
And it was in teams – American vs. British cars. The British lost, despite Graham only being 3 seconds out of his estimated time!
(time was 5:33 minutes)


IMG_0376


But we did come second in the quiz – with only 17 correct answers out of 30, evidently nearly everyone else was much worse!

Until next time, Red heartRed heartRed heart Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment