Friday 1 April 2011

My Quilt World - Kaleidoscope Project

WELL! --- as if I haven't got enough projects to finish 
AND I am currently working full time.

But, I've got all carried away and started a new quilt. AND and an extremely COMPLICATED design at that!!!...............   AND, I am making TWO quilts at once! *EEEK*

The Two quilts are called.... 'Baubles, Bangles and Beads' and 'Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered' -- One is slightly smaller than the other. The larger one (Design below) is approx 59 x 69 inches.


The centre of the largest star burst is taking shape

A few months ago I saw a lovely quilt in one of my magazines that inspired me to design something similar. (I will  have to find the designer of the inspiration quilts name so that I can reference her correctly on the quilt label)

My design for Baubles Bangles and Beads

The block for these quilts is relatively simple -- the Kaleidoscope block -- However as you can see from my plan the placement and colour way for this quilt is far from simple.


BUT, I have a method ...... and next time I post a progress report I will discuss how I am getting this design to work.

Until next time... Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment