Saturday 15 September 2018

Queensland 2018 - Part Four - One way up and another way down.


Well Dear Readers.
See what all the Queensland sunshine and humidity does to my hair!
Really!.. I look like an old granny in the above picture.

But I'll never catch up to, or be as old as, the grumpy old man in the photo below! Ha!

I am reliably informed that grumpy is not an attitude,
its a lifestyle choice! 

(If you see the T-shirt with that slogan can you let me know so I can buy it for him for Christmas).


 Anyway, enough prattle,  today we went up the Skyrail near cairns.



This was a great trip across the top of the rain forest and  finishing at the village of Kuranda.




We then spent a couple of hours having lunch and wandering around the markets.

 I bought a comb...
Did you know I have negative hair so I need a positive comb!

(Hey, whats that snorting noise? It must be Mr Grumpy from the above pic).

Anyway Its a beautiful comb. Its carved out of cow horn in the shape of a curlew... 
(and it cost $70).



 So the return trip was down the mountain via the train.


 We went gold class, so it included snacks and beverages...





And its a another big day out tomorrow, as we are going out onto the Great Barrier Reef.


No comments:

Post a Comment