Sunday 4 March 2018

New Project - Leaps and Bounds

 
My Design from EQ7.

 Okay,,, So I have started another project...

This is a Jacobs Ladder quilt called 'Leaps and Bounds' (yes the Paul Kelly song, I may have to contact him and ask permission).  Its a wedding quilt for Sean and Rose.
Starting to come together on my design wall

Finished size will be 75 x 70 inches,
(I always do my quilts in inches as I buy my fabric in yards, hey makes sense to me)
240 blocks I have to make, not including the border, phew, 
I think I've done about half the blocks so far.  


I'm concentrating on this one as it would be nice to have it completed in the same year of their wedding.! ..Despite also having four other completed tops that just need to be posted to my lovely quilting lady. (To hot to hand sew the bindings at the moment anyway).

I've two others quilts  in progress and a whole stash of beautiful sea themed fabric ready to go for the next one.

Yikes - I'm going to have to start setting deadlines... or retire.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment