Sunday 18 March 2018

Armidale's Autumn Festival Parade 2018




Hi Dear Readers, its time for the Autumn Festival which is always a big event for the car club. Usually I go around in the car, but I've never properly seen the parade so this year I decided to be a spectator.

And below is Mrs C in the parade.



I started the day sitting in the gutter outside the New England Hotel...

*snort* I knew I'd end up in the gutter outside the Newie one day. 
I'm sure I'm not the first to use the phrase "I started the day sitting in the gutter..." etc

Actually... come to think of it, there was an occasion several years ago,,,,,  but Mindy tells (remembers) that story better than me and it will keep for another time.

Always a treat to drive up the one way streets the wrong way!



And only in country towns can the council include its diggers and street sweepers in the parade!


Then in a fine feat of magic I scuttled up the mall and was at the post office before the cars came around again! Everyone found this slightly amusing, two of me? No its witchcraft I say!


Lots of local cultures marched in groups.

Great weather, probably as I was predicting rain.


And then the pipes.With all schools to follow. 
Armidale has some really pretty buildings. Above is the Imperial Hotel.

And below is the post office.





And above are the pipes heading down Faulkner street.
I'm actually standing on the Faulkner/Dumaresq street roundabout to take the photo.

Great day, good turn out. Got sun burnt,  won't need to take my vitamin D this week!










No comments:

Post a Comment