Sunday 30 October 2022

Violet, a Sudden Passing

.My Mother-in-law, Violet, passed away suddenly at the end of August.

The photos are the service sheet from her funeral.
She is interned in the Armidale cemetery, next to Ron, her husband. 
~~~~
 
Well, she was 90, so not a shock, but she was still living in her own home. (just)...
 
She woke up on Friday 26th August, then got dressed, had a fall and died a few hours later.
Long story there, but not to be told here.
 

She was born in London, and as a child evacuated to the English countryside during the Blitz in WWII. (long story there as well). 
When they met her my children thought she was amazing and that she 
was like Lucy in the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, 
(Hey, read it).
~~

 The service was live streamed so her remaining family in the U.K could watch it.
Isn't that a great thing we can do these days. 
``
As a child I remember my Grandmother, Toot, 
only getting cassette tape recordings of family funerals from Scotland.
 
~~


You may recognise these 2 above photos in the service sheet from my past blog posts.
 
We are soooooooo glad we had the 90th birthday party earlier this year.
 
All the family's  music choices for the service were just so perfect.
 

I can see Jess and Sienna's facial bone structure in this above photo. 
 
She made her wedding dress. (she also made my last one). 
 
Oh gosh isn't she beautiful as a bride!
Her dress, she beautifully beaded herself, she was a gifted crafts woman.
 
I believe she worked on gowns for the royal family. 
Princess Margaret and Elizabeth II Coronation dress.

I may do a post about her embroidery work as I have book samples of it at my house and I totally believe all those claims are true.











No comments:

Post a Comment