Thursday 23 April 2020

Kim and Graham's 15th Wedding Anniversary

  
23rd April 2005 - Moore Park Inn - Armidale

Back row:- Paul, Michael, Andrew (brother-in law) Bruce (brother), Sean and Andrew (son's)
Middle row:- Gail, Jessica, Mum, Dad, Violet, Cathy, and Ben
Front row:- Rachel, The Bride and Groom and Rebecca

So as the post title says its our 15th Wedding anniversary today, 
so I thought I would share some  pre-blog photos from our wedding in 2005.

Not just pre-blog but pre-digital! So if these pics look a little grainy 
its because I scanned them.

Starting off with the above photo to continue 
the sentimental family group photo theme from my last post.


We used music from the Beatles throughout the day.

So, I'll also share the lyrics that this blog was named 
for and seems appropriate for this post.
 In My Life
There are places I'll remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever, not for better
Some have gone, and some remain
All these places had their moments
With lovers and friends, I still can recall
Some are dead, and some are living
In my life, I've loved them all
 
Songwriters: John Lennon / Paul McCartney
 
 
Violet made my outfit. Cappuccino colured, lacy, beaded thing.
 
We were going to go on a trip to Sydney to celebrate our anniversary,
But that was cancelled due to COVID-19.
 
So, I'll have to forage for something special for dinner.
Because we can't go out to a restaurant, and the supermarkets 
don't always have the exact ingredients you need. 
 
My bridesmaids, my very pretty nieces Rachel and Rebecca.
 

And we used the Lotus as the wedding car, with a bit of creativity so they bride didn't 
arrive overly windswept. 
I also had to practice making an elegant entrance, 
getting out of that car in high heels was a challenge.

And here is me and Dad, giving me away, again... sigh.
(and in front, there's the white Falcon with my lovely plates)
 

So, My Dear Readers and fellow time travelers, 
lets slip back in time to the year 1982...... 

Malcolm Frazer was P.M.
Neville Wran was Premier
Azaria Chamberlain became a household name for all 
the wrong reasons. Her mother is wrongfully charged with her murder. 
The movie 'A Man From Snowy River' was a big hit.
'What about me?' was the top Australian music hit for the band Moving Pictures.




Kim and Dad, the first wedding.
25th September 1982, Naval Chapel at H.M.A.S. Watson in Sydney.
 *snort*!
I tried not to look like a meringue,
but it was sort of the fashion in the early 80's.

  
 I still have the dress, in a box under my bed.
The second wedding outfit is with it, and if anyone has a use for these gowns
please let me know. The lace on the white dress is beautiful and it 
was made for me by The House of Jean Fox in Parramatta.


I was 19 years old, in case you were wondering.

AND, Rose... look there's the pendant and earrings I gifted you.
 

Yes, you can see, its all about ME.
I've cut out the ex.
But he does turn up occasionally on this blog,
usually in the background of wedding photos, (I dare you to spot him)...

I should do more of these pre-blog retro posts!
Me and the boys on our Northern Territory trip would be a good one.

At least its an easy way to others in the family have access to these photos.

Although boring for non- family, sorry!. 

But times are different now.
I'm not doing any new memories, not going anywhere, 
so I'm reliving some of the past best ones!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment