Friday 21 June 2019

We have a nasty drought...



The above photo is from this week.
All the grass is dead.. 
(and just look at those cute terriers doing the fence patrol)..
 The below photo is from 2016...

 
 I've never seen the dam so low. 
The cattle can wade in now and that's the first time I've seen that.

Dear Readers, Armidale is on level four water restrictions for the first time.. ever.
So we are saving the washing machine water for the garden. 
I think I've lost the roses in the front garden.

DL Armidale and Guyra water restrictions level 4 - May 2019
 
Personally, I blame the Guyra tomato farm... It's because they are paying LOTs for that water, and now the towns folk have to suffer....

So, I hope all you city folks are enjoying your tomatoes?
 
 
Businesses in town are really struggling and lots are closing. 
This is because people on farming properties don't have extra money to spend on luxuries, like hairdressers, beauticians and gift shops. Also produce stores are struggling.

It just flows on and on, the lack of money.

And the poor plant nurseries, I wonder if they will survive.
 
I'm lucky, because I'm a public servant... 
My work won't dry up, it will increase, with suicidal farmers etc. 
 
And all those people on tank water (like Sean & others I know) are really struggling.

It must rain again, won't it?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment