Saturday 3 December 2022

Cool Britannia

Next up is a quilt for Chloe, who is a friend and colleague, who is currently having chemo. 

Yes she's English, and from the north, hence the 'Angel of the North' block, a  fabric which I have had for years and am so glad I could finally use it for someone who would appreciate it. 



 
Thanks to Graham for helping me to draft the Union Jack blocks.
 

 There were poppies, strawberries, stars and sparkles in the fabric.
Also one block with flying Australian Flags with kangaroos.
(mind you for the first time I have  noticed that the Union Jack Flag on the Aussie fabric in this quilt  is wrong! The cross thingamajigs are in reverse. Because I'm very familiar with the Union Jack layout by now).
 
 
``````

And then during the making of this quilt, I was bombarded with the Union Jack.
 
This is the Queens funeral procession under the Wellington Arch, I'm watching it on my laptop.
While I'm pinning the stashing. 

 My psychic child must have been chattering away in the background 
when I decided to proceed with this quilt design.
 


 
The back is a lovely velvety red, but if you want to more about that and all my disasters, 
you will have to read the booklet.

 

 

Booklet here , please excuse any wonky scanning...

and if you want to see them bigger just click on them and they'll open on a new screen.












 











No comments:

Post a Comment