Wednesday 16 November 2022

Le Bouquet - Finished October 2022 and gifted to Mindy

 QUILT NUMBER....

 

 Hello My Dear Readers, 

I've previously warned you that there would be lots of quilt posts before the end of 2022.

One month from tomorrow we will be sailing out of Sydney Heads on a cruise.

So , I have four quilts to finish and gift before then.



Here's the first 

Le Bouquet. For my friend Mindy. 

Shes had a terrible few years with illness, disasters and family deaths. Good things as well, such as two beautiful weddings for her son and daughter and she's soon to be the Grandmother of twins.


Beautiful quilting by Sandra at Art n Quilting studio.



 

 It had some tricky curved piecing but it was fun to make.

The design reminds me of a big postage stamp

and I nearly called it petit point because of the tiny pieces.

petit point, form of canvas embroidery similar to cross-stitch embroidery , but even finer because of its small scale. The squareness and regularity of the outlines of the forms represented is less apparent at ordinary viewing distance. Source, Encyclopedia Britannica

 
This was the first time for my new style of booklet.















And here is the quilt after I presented it to Mindy during morning tea at her beautiful house.
She loved it - (thank the Goddess).


I gifted two quilts today. YAY!

The second one is Cool Britannia for Chloe, 

which I'll tell you all about in my next blog post.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment