Sunday 4 December 2022

True Blue for Ella, November 2022

Another 'I Spy' quilt for our great niece Ella.

This one was also finished in November.

Only one quilt left to finish for 2022, (but don't expect to a post about that until January, I'm quickly running out of time before we embark on our next adventure. I'll tell you about that in my next post)

This quilt will be going with them back to Brussels.

I've used a lot of scraps from my stash for this one, so I'm sure you will recognise some of them. 

The turtle fabric, the cockatoo, and the Bluey fabric are new.
Also the hero grunge blue.

While it was on the clothesline it had an interested admirer.



 
Anyway, 
here is the booklet with the rest of the story.

A little wonky with the scanning - sorry.

Don't forget, click on it to enlarge It.




















Quilt update Kim's 2023 projects

I have 2 more quilts at the binding stage so they'll be finished early in 2023. 

They are named Under Pressure at Christmas and Summer Love.

I have 2 mini quilts that need binding and a label to complete them. Maybe I'll finally get them done next year! They will be wall hangings.

I also have two tops in the final stages of piecing on my design wall, they are named Hip to be Square and Little Redheads. Also I hope I may advance in the right direction on the Which Way top which I have been working on for at least 10 years!!! Also the Shine top, which I have been working on since 2015. The top is finished but I don't like the borders so want to unpick them and re-design them, when I find the time AND then I'm going to gift it to someone! Anyone! Put your hand up and its yours (you have to like purple, Chinese lanterns and flowers) .....

I also have a brilliant fabric panel of a outback road heading into a glorious sunset and have designed a quilt,which I think I'll name Are we there Yet?. I might donate that one for a car club raffle.

I've also bought some great Star Wars fabric, which  I am itching to find an excuse to use in a top.

But, I've also just designed an interesting quilt using a twisted block to use some special fabric I've salvaged from the clean out of my Mother-in-laws house. 

Also, no pressure then Kim!




No comments:

Post a Comment