Monday 26 December 2022

Sunday - Christmas Day - At Sea


So, Christmas Day, and we are just off the coast treading water.

I would think it is too hard to be ashore on Christmas day as everything would be shut.

Captain Marek announced that there was a UFO heading directly for the ship, but we were not to panic until he could ascertain the nature of this phenomenon.  It eventuated that it was a friendly UFO consisting of a sleigh pulled by reindeer, and Santa arrived onboard with gifts for the children. 

Our cabin Stewards, Gede (G'day) and Alim, left us a surprise with a towel elephant wearing my spare reading glasses which I'd left on my bedside table. Cheeky pair!  The elephants name is apparently Alim (according to G'day)!

Then we discovered we were absolutely hopeless at Christmas trivia, despite my bonus points for knowing the names of all of Santa's Reindeer (a special skill learnt for various quiz's at Car Club Christmas parties, everyone forgets Cupid).

 
So I commiserated with a Hemingway Daiquiri.

This below, is tonight's Christmas dinner menu, it would be nice to have the Cloudy Bay Chardonnay,

 but not for $17.00 US per glass, yikes!

 
My entree was the  the Coconut Crusted Scallops.

Tonight s show was dancing, and I can't remember what this troupe was called, but it was pretty good.

 
 
We were back in the cabin to see the sunset, this far south sunset is a lot later than at home as the daylight is longer.

 
Tomorrow its Napier, the art deco city.


No comments:

Post a Comment