Wednesday 18 January 2023

Monday 2nd January - Sydney

Hello, this is my last cruise post!

I was hoping to share with you some brilliant photos of Sydney Harbour at dawn, 
but bugger.  Events became out of my control..

Our docking time at White Bay was set for 6am, so we set the alarm really early, but for some reason we were both awake at 2am. (Probably due to all the time changes?).

I lay there and wondered why the ship was so still, and in my stupid sleepy state I thought we must be outside the heads waiting for the Pilot. Doh, the ship wasn't moving Kim.

And  in the photo above, this was our early morning view, White Bay! We arrived early. Every other port we docked nearly right on time except for the one I really wanted to photograph.

I'd lay money that we were in port around 2am, which is why we woke up.
We were so disappointed and I had planned lots of lovey shots going under the bridge, blaaah..
-------
Our disembarking was very well organised, we were in the lime group, (thank you to the very organised Holland America Line). 
We took a shuttle bus  to Sydney's Central Station and then a quick taxi ride  to the Pullman Hotel Hyde Park, and fortunately (as our actual arrival time at the Pullman was 9:30am instead of the usual 2pm check-in)  our room was ready, so rather than just dropping off our bags, we went to our room and made some very needed cups of tea....

------

So that's, that, then.
 
I've reviewed these Christmas Cruise posts  and I've noticed a few non-deliberate typos so I'll go back and do some editing. (Yes I do make deliberate typos, haven't you noticed?).
 
------
Graham is nearly back to normal, health wise, and I didn't catch his germs,  so YAY! 

Another week of our leave and YET there is one more adventure is left to come!

We are back on a flight to Sydney, this time we are  following the Yellow Brick Road.



 
 

Ohoo, I caught that kiss thanks Elton and I slapped it on my cheek!
 
The doggies are a bit peeved off that they are off to the kennels again...

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment