Monday 28 December 2020

'Woody to the Rescue'

 
Here is my latest finished quilt, a Toy Story quilt featuring Sheriff Woody.
 
Its for baby Hamish.
 

 I wanted it to look like the type of 5 patch quilt a cowboy's mother would make him out of scraps of old clothing and leftover fabric!
 
Then I complicated it for myself because the top and bottom borders were a different size square to the left and right borders. And then of course I made diagonal patterns out of the colours so had to use a grid to work out the colour placements... 


Wonderful quilting as usual, by Sandra. The Wagon Wheel fabric is one of the new generation digital prints, brilliant isn't it!
 
 This patterns called 'Stars on a String', which matches Woody's badge and will also work well with the second Toy Story quilt even though its completely different in colour and design.


If you can't guess who stars in the feature panel of Toy Story quilt number two, then I'm not giving you any hints.

The second top is finished, backing sorted and all. 
Just waiting for the quilters to open up after the January break. 
However, I have 2 other finished tops that will take priority as they need to be finished for March 2021 babies. Will the production line ever end?!

Its now in Gerringong with Hamish.






 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment