Friday 20 November 2020

More Cot Quilts! 'I Spy'

Hello Dear Readers.

We continue with the cot quilt festival.

This one is for a colleagues new baby son, Luca.

If this looks familiar, I did a similar quilt a couple of years ago but in yellow.

The Shadow Box block is of my own design so why not recycle it.
I like the way it pops! Its always such fun to make.

I liked the rainbow border I made as well.


Every piece of fabric, including the backing and the batting, came out of my stash.

 
This isn't the last you'll see of the Shadow Box block.
I have another set already cut out with an Aussie theme.
 
Below is Teddy,
he is road testing the batting before I got around to trimming it and adding the binding.

I did give it a wash before I posted it.

I have 2 more cot quilts to come before the end of the year.

AND - 4 more in the first half of next year. Yikes
 
And here is Luca, proudly making the quilt his own!


 
I have one more quilt to finish today, 6 inches of binding to stitch, put it in the wash, sew the label on, take photos, then get it in the post to Andrew and Hailey who's baby is going to be born.... if not already today and not today, then definitely tomorrow!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment