Saturday 14 November 2020

2020 - Kim's Year of the Cot Quilt - Corroboree Dreamtime

 
 
Hello Dear Readers! 

Its been a very busy quilt year.
Because we are not going on adventures with the car club, or on holidays. So more time at home on the weekends to piece and sew quilts!
(In fact, we should be on a cruise around New Zealand, right now)!

Anyway, this post is about my latest finished quilt
Corroboree Dreamtime.

This is a cot quilt for Tom and Merel's first baby girl,
Ivy! 

Because they live in Brussels I wanted a nice Australian themed quilt.
 
I saw some lovely aboriginal fabric at my favourite online fabric shop - eQuilter.
But then I thought, hang on what if this fabrics not genuine and designed and made in China or somewhere. So, I did some research closer to home and found this great fabric line by an artist based near Alice Springs.

Above- Is the quilt label, I also did an Acknowledgement of Country label. 


The quilting was beautiful too thanks to Sandra at Art 'n' Quilting studios.


This is a better shot of the colours, a bit shadowy on some of the other pics as I took them in the late afternoon.

I actually took it to work and used it for an Acknowledgement of Country before one of our education days. We spoke about the importance of the Dreamtime to the Aboriginal people. 

Now its in the international post for the long trip to Belgium.
I don't know how long that will take as Covid has really ramped up over there again.
Keeping my fingers crossed that it arrives safely, at least its not breakable!
I'll let you know in a future post of its fate...

YAY! 
I just checked my emails from Australia Post and it arrived in Belgium on the 11th November and now is just waiting to clear customs!



No comments:

Post a Comment