Saturday 15 August 2020

Quilt Number 40! Mr. Blue Sky

Hello, My Dear Readers, I thought it was time to take a quick break from the blogs 10th anniversary year and share with you my latest finished quilt! 

Its a biggie!

And my 40th quilt!

I first blogged about this quilt in February 2016. 

The top was finished for a couple of years before I finally got it to the quilters.

That's the problem when it's a quilt for you, it gets put on the back burner while you do other stuff!

Beautifully quilted, with clouds, rainbows and stars.

Above:- The quilt label.

A Irish chain quilt named after the ELO song 'Mr. Blue Sky' 

and that's a 70's version of Jeff Lynne on the label.

(Hey...I don't know!..- Wikipedia it,... Jeff is now 72!)

I used two different blocks based on the Irish Chain, I designed my own blocks with the help of EQ6.

2500 one inch blocks!

I might put it in the Armidale Show (If it ever happens again)...

What do you think? Is it good enough?

Above:- putting it all together in 2016

Above:- My original EQ design.

Always a relief to get something finished!

WARNING:- Expect a future onslaught of cot quilts!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment