Saturday 8 December 2012

Feels like Christmas!

Graham and I have been busy Christmas-a-fying the house.

I don’t think that's a real word!

IMG_3059IMG_3060

Anyway – this year I’ve gone fairy light mad. Almost every time I come home from the shops I have another packet. They are so cheap these days.

And I’ve planted festive red & white petunias.

The Christmas village has a new addition which is the Big ben Pub.

IMG_3075

IMG_3068

I seem to have run out of space on the sideboard so next year I may have to get creative about how to display my village.

IMG_3071

IMG_3063IMG_3064

I had a bit of drama with the Christmas tree lights.

The flower lights I usually use have stopped working – that's the problem with LEDs you can’t change the globes so once a light blows they need to be tossed out.

Just as well I tested them before I put the rest of the decorations on.

Luckily- a  little bit of Christmas serendipity clicked in. I had some lights in the cupboard that I was planning to use on the Christmas dinner table. Big rattan hearts in pink, red  and white.

So I whipped them out, tossed them on the tree, and kept the rest of the decorations a bit simpler. Looks pretty good I think and a little different.

IMG_3081

Until next time, Red heart Red heart Red heart Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment