Sunday 11 August 2024

Next quilt 'Little redheads' April 2024

After 13 years of sitting around in a box I have finally got it out and finished the smaller of the two Redheads quilts.

Its called Redheads because the red and gold pieces look like matches.

 


And I got to use the red backing that was originally planned for the Union Jack quilt, 
except I cut it out wrong and it didn't fit!

The quilting was a beautiful pattern called 'Japan', difficult to show it up in photos.

This is it below...


 

 Some of the fabric in this quilt is from vintage kimonos, 

I bought the fabric online from Japan.

We weren't even living in this house then!

This is the larger version above.
 
I'm keeping this smaller one, it will look good on a wall.

I have another quilt finished that I need to photograph, before I post about it.
 


 
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment