Friday 16 August 2024

I've resigned!

Well, actuary I've retired, after over 30 years as a nurse and over 10 years as NUM.

Here is my resignation letter. 


It is with some sadness that I am submitting my letter of resignation. I have decided that my health is preventing me meeting the performance required by a Nurse Unit Manager.

My last working day will be Thursday 18th July 2024. I have leave booked from the 25th to the 28th of June following which I will return to work for the next three weeks on a part time basis (3 days a week) to give the health service time to have a plan in place to cover my role.

I am not seeking further employment and will be taking retirement on medical grounds.

Thank you for your support over the last 25 years and the last 10 Years as NUM. I hope you look upon this as an exciting opportunity to have a new NUM with a new approach to the role. I hope they will enjoy the position as much as I have over the years and make the job their own.

It was a life changing experience when in 1999 I was recruited to an RN position for the Clark Centre. I still appreciate being able to support patients on the worst day of their life. Later as NUM,  I felt privileged to lead the Clark Centre team to provide excellent care and kindness to our patients.

I will miss the Clark Centre team, there have been times when we had a good laugh and given support to each other through the rough patches of our lives. I would prefer not to have a farewell party or a fuss. The Clark Centre staff have given me such beautiful gifts over the years. If anyone would like to drop into my office for a goodbye and for me to thank them, that will be enough.

I am looking forward to spending more time with my husband Graham, my grandchildren, and my doggies!

My best wishes for a thriving Tablelands Mental Health Service, I know you will go on to continue to provide excellent care and support for those whose lives are affected by Mental Health.

Regards Kim

 

Back row:- William, Chloe, Allie, Ellie, Jill, Laura, Lucy, Irena

Front row:- Mindy, Me, Irene, Lizzy, Tee, Mary-Anne.

 
And of course I couldn't get away without a farewell afternoon tea and a gift.
Here's most of the gang above. 
 

and the lovely food.
 

 I won't share all the beautiful words inside the cards, some things good to keep private.
 

 
And here are some memories from around the unit.
 

 At my work station. (looking unusually tidy).



The butterfly wall made by the patients.


This above is our covid project, the staff brought photos of their pets....

Anybody want a job, there's been no applicants so far...
 
Here is the job ad below.
 
 

About the Role

As the Nurse Unit Manager at The Clark Centre, you will lead a dedicated team comprising Registered Nurses, an Enrolled Nurse, a Clinical Nurse Educator, and a Social Worker. Your role will be pivotal in overseeing the provision of exceptional care to voluntary inpatients within our unique mental health unit. With a capacity of 8 beds, The Clark Centre is an integral part of Tablelands Mental Health Service located at Armidale Hospital, where you will play a key role in planning and implementing patient care strategies.

Where you'll be working

The position is based in Armidale which is set high on the beautiful Northern Tablelands and is known for its beautiful tree lined streets and magnificent autumn colours. You can enjoy alfresco cafes, impressive architecture, a variety of arts and cultural activities. The region offers diversity in outdoor activities such as bushwalking in the nearby World Heritage listed National Parks offering some of the most spectacular gorges and waterfalls in Australia. Armidale is an educational centre featuring a university, as well as public and private schools, each providing a level of education comparable to any capital city in Australia.

About You

As the NUM1 you will be responsible for the efficient management and coordination of nursing and other relevant staff in the Clark Centre. Bringing your extensive knowledge of mental health nursing and leadership to the role, you will be a person of influence who can drive positive, strategic direction in the unit and be adaptable in your approach.

You will:

Direct, coordinate and supervise the provision of nursing services within the unit to maximise the health outcomes for patients and their families.

Assist and support the Health Service Manager in the day to day clinical and operational management including maximising the utilisation of resources to achieve budget and service delivery targets.

Assist with the management of workforce functions including recruitment, induction, professional development, performance reviews, performance management and leader and patient rounding.

Participate in problem solving in matters related to the functioning of the unit.

Monitor and maintain a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.


It seems I have not left entirely as I have remained on the casual list.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment