Saturday 15 January 2022

Christmas 2021 - The second slice - Biscuit Kit


 


Hello My Dear Readers 

and Happy New Year and welcome to 2022!

I have a few more Christmas New Year posts to share so I'm doing a bit of a catch up.

 My regular Dear Readers will be aware that every year I make a Christmas Extravaganza for my nurses and our other wonderful support staff.

I also gift one to my hairdresser, my cleaner, grand-kids, niece (for Christmas, with a mixing bowl set)  and our next door neighbour.

You may remember, in the past for Christmas gifts I've done bookmarks, paper stars, jelly beans and reindeer noses.


This year ..it nearly killed me! 

Only kidding.

I put together 40 Christmas biscuit kits, I was exhausted,  

I keep telling them that next year their all just getting lollies..


Here is my production line, measuring out the ingredients for 40 kits.

The idea is the recipients just add one egg and some butter and bake the biscuits themselves.

I also bought some really nice recyclable packing with the pouches which I found online.

And of course there were things I forgot to consider...

They were heavy so I had to lug kilo's and kilos of gifts into work.

Chocolate melts in summer.

We have a mouse issue from time to time, which is why I had to store everything in plastic crates.


Graham thinks I'm bonkers.

But they were very much appreciated by the staff.

 

My first idea was to do a cookie mix in a jar.

But I needed a one litre jar and 40 jars were expensive. 

(I don't know why I didn't think of making the ingredients 1/2 quantity)! 

So that was 40 kits, each making potentially 24 biscuits. 

960 Christmas Biscuits!!!

Here's my original recipe from TASTE. (Thanks to Abby and her cookies in a jar). 

 https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/abbys-cookies-jar/717dc06f-5854-4c04-ae6b-768f72d9dcb9

I completely adapted it  to make the ingredients cheaper.  

But then had to do a test batch. 

The first batch was yucky, as I added Christmas spices and it was just too over whelming so I left the spices out of the final recipe. I also upped the flour a bit.


Here you are, 

some photos of pretty Christmas Biscuits.

These are mine! The successful test batch. (with a bit of cinnamon sugar on top).


Below:- These are Rory's!

Below:- These are Genevieve's!

Well, I may have to add to this post in the future if more photos of Christmas biscuits arrive. 

So watch this space..

``````````````````

 But wait there's more!

Below are Mary-Anne's!

AND MORE,

These are Chloe's!


 


 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment