Wednesday 19 June 2019

Sesame Street Quilt - "Sunny Day"



Here are some photos of the quilt I made for baby Florence.

I bought a pre-printed Sesame street panel about five years ago because it was on special.

And I thought "why not use it up" for the new grand baby!

So lots of maths to get the panel blocks to match up with the 2" squares.

The Grover panel got chewed by Miss Lizzy so missed the final cut.... (tasted good Mum!)



(Look how dry it is, we have no grass. Its so sad...
I think I'll do a post on the drought next).
 
Above- Teddy, quilt quality controller, supervising the photo process.
It has lots of bright flannels and velvets. I wanted it to be tactile. 

Quilted in a pattern called 'Furry red guy" which is basically a way of it being an Elmo pattern without breaching the copyright..

When it was nearly finished I realised that all the characters are male!

Although, I am informed by a reliable source on these matters, (Mary-Anne)  that Big Bird is gender neutral..... and sits on a nest so could swing any which way.

Any of the other monsters could be any gender as well, who knows?

And we've all heard the rumours about Bert and Ernie......


This the first quilt I have finished for nearly 2 years. 
I have lots of nearly finished projects, so I am hoping to make some progress on those this year.

There's a second Sesame street quilt to come which is about 1/2 pieced.

Oh dear, and here Edie is again, under her sisters quilt.
I may have to make her a cushion with the leftover fabric.


No comments:

Post a Comment