Saturday 3 February 2024

'Hip to be square' December 2023


Sorry everyone and Dear Readers.

Its taken months to photograph and post about this quilt as the weathers been either pouring rain, blowing a gale or too bright and sunny which makes washed out colour in photos.

Last time I attempted to take photos,

 it blew off the line and sailed halfway across the yard landing on the wet grass.

Here below is a previous attempt to take photos in the howling wind and when the grass was green.



This is my take on a granny square crochet rug.

Hence the name hip to be square.

No fabric used twice. 


 I did my old trick of buying a wide back backing fabric and using it on the front and back.

This fabric was from the Basic Grey Grunge collection and has a lovely silky feel.


I chose a hippy daisy quilt pattern. 


And I am going to cheat and backdate this blog to a time when the grass was greener!

 

I have 2 more finished quilts ready to post about.

But first to catch up with other events in 2024....





No comments:

Post a Comment