Sunday 13 February 2022

Buzz Lightyear - To Infinity and Beyond!

The last quilt for December 2021. 

Its Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story.
The partner to the Woody quilt, finished in 2020.


Both for Hamish.

Here is my plan from EQ7. I changed the borders slightly.
 
 
 
The quilting is in a nice orange for this quilt.

I did something different for this time. I bought a wide backing fabric, the red, then used some of it as a feature fabric on the front, on the binding as well as on the back.

(I am doing something similar with a black wide back fabric for the "Minions! Keep Calm" quilt that is currently on my design wall).


We watched the Toy Story movies on DVD while I was binding this quilt.

The end of the final movie made me cry!


Here it is against a very atmospheric storm. Pity about the photographers shadow on the quilt!

I had to have two photo sessions with this quilt as the first day it was too sunny and all the colours looked washed out in the photos.

But that's not the only challenge I face when taking outdoor photos of the finished quilt!

I couldn't resist sharing that one due to the great clouds!
 
One last kids quilt and then I should have some more grown up quilts to share in 2022.

Here is the instruction manual for this quilt, new bits are in purple.















No comments:

Post a Comment